Sunday, May 6, 2012

Baby Natalie

Words cannot express the amazing person that Jessica is. Aside from having been a collegiate powerhouse gymnast, Jessica is one of the most caring individuals I know. She is a nurse and has a quiet way about doing good for others. Last year her husband Preston and she had a baby girl named Adelaide. Baby Addie was born with a heart condition that tragically took her life. Jessica wanted nothing more than to be a mother. Caring for others is just part of who she is. I cannot imagine the pains she must have gone through of losing a child. After some healing time, she started doing things for others again. She headed up a project to put care baskets together for infants who had to stay in hospitals. She utilized the Relief Society (the organization of women at our church) to have them all be involved in this project. During this time she found out she was pregnant with another girl. When she asked me if I would photograph her new baby Natalie, I felt so honored. And oh there was a sweet spirit around this little baby. I always feel that sweet spirit around newborns, but there was just something extra tender about Natalie. Somehow I feel that she and Baby Addie are still best sister buddies and perhaps interact in some way. Jessica, you are an amazing mother and friend!